About Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board
Out of all Hindu deities, Lord Shiva is extremely popular not only amongst Indians but also amongst the people of other nationalities. To get closer to their revered God, who appears on this earth in the unique form of an Ice Lingam, millions of devotees trek through the daunting mountains to Shri Amarnathji Shrine in South Kashmir every year in the summer months to pay obeisance. The Shrine is managed by Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), that was constituted by an Act of the Jammu & Kashmir State Legislature in 2000 with His Excellency the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir as its ex-officio Chairman. The Amarnathji Shrine Board is responsible for the better management of the Shri Amarnathji Yatra, upgradation of facilities for holy pilgrims and matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. Assisted by a Chief Executive Officer who is a senior IAS officer and eight distinguished Board Members, the board is constantly working towards making this journey the most cherished one.
Role of the Board:The following roles and responsibilities have been assigned to Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) as per section 16 of the Act:
- To arrange for the proper performance of worship at the Holy Shrine.
- To make arrangements for the safe custody of the funds, valuable and jewelry and for the preservation of the Board Fund.
- To undertake developmental activities concerning the areas of the shrine and its surroundings.
- To make provision for the payment of suitable emoluments to the salaried staff.
- To make suitable arrangements for the imparting of religious instruction and general education to the pilgrims.
- To undertake for the benefit of worshippers and pilgrims:
- The construction of buildings for their accommodation
- The construction of sanitary works; and
- The improvement of means of communication
- To make provision of medical relief for worshippers and pilgrims
- To do all such things as may be incidental and conducive to the efficient management, maintenance and administration of the Holy Shrine and the Board Funds and for the convenience of the pilgrims.
Composition of Shri AmarnathJi Shrine Board
|1||Shri Satya Pal Malik,Â
His Excellency the Governor, J&K
|2||Pt. Bhajan Sopori
Block 21, H.No. 79, Lodhi Colony, New Delhi – 110003
|A renowned music maestro, bearer of the fabled “Sufiana Gharana” of Kashmir and Santoor Legend and Music Composer. He has received many awards, including Padma Shri, Sangeet Natak Akademi Award and J&K State Lifetime Achievement Award.|
|3||Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty
258/A. Bannasabdea Industrial Area, Anekal Taluk, Hosur Road, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560099.
|An eminent Cardiac Surgeon, Chairman and Founder of Narayana Health which comprises a chain of over two dozen hospitals. Recipient of many awards including Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.|
|4||Shri D. C. Raina
House No. 75, Rani Park, Kachi Chowni, Jammu.
|Senior Advocate and Advocate General of Jammu and Kashmir.|
|5||Prof. Anita Billawaria
H.No. 18, Priya Darshani Lanes, Opps. BSF, Patta Paloura, Jammu.
|Professor and Head in the Department of History, University of Jammu.|
|6||Swami Avdheshanand Giri Ji Maharaj
Harihar Ashram, M.G. Road, Kankhal, Haridwar – 249408 (Uttarakhand)
|Chairman of Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha Trust and is nominated Member of World Council of Religious Leaders.|
|7||Dr. C.M. Seth
69-A/B, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu.
|Retired Indian Forest Service Officer, former Chairman, State Pollution Control Board, Former Project Director and Registrar, SMVDU and presently also member of J&K State Cultural and Heritage Authority and State Bio-diversity Board.|
|8||Dr. Sudershan Kumar
Member, SASB 396 Shastri Nagar, Jammu.
|Distinguished Scientist and former Director General, Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO).|
|9||Mrs. Tripta Dhawan
Member, SASB 1917 A/B, The Magnolias, DLF Golf Link Golf Course Road, DLF-5, Gurgaon-122009.
|Trustee for the Vyakti Vikas Kendra and oversees all Art of Living activities for North India.|
|10||Prof Vishwamurti Shastri
Member, SASB 3/127 Indira Vihar Old Janipur Jammu
|Well known Sanskrit/ Vedic Scholar, retired Principal, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan and presently Director, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Gurukul.|
Officers of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board
|1||Shri Umang Narula, IAS||CEO|
|2||Shri Anup Kumar Soni, IFS||Addl. CEO|
|3||Shri Vikas Verma, KAS||Dy. CEO|
|4||Shri Parshotam Kumar Sharma||Dy. CEO|
|5||Shri Verinder Slathia||Dy. CEO|
|6||Shri Satya Paul||Chief Accounts Officer|
|7||Shri R. K. Pandita||General Manager (Works)|